World’s Best Ear Ache Blend

Worlds Best Ear Ache Blend

Today’s post is simple because the subject is simple – a common ear ache.  When I say common, I mean that the infection hasn’t reached the acute stage. This is the time to strike, at the onset of a fever or sore throat that often wants to join the party.

For a long time, most doctors would prescribe antibiotics for kids and adults with ear infections but new studies show that it doesn’t necessarily help and doctors are wising up.  Now the trending treatment is to let the ear infection run it’s course.  I for one am more than happy that I have another alternative to that, my pure EOs.

I like to add pure Lavender to the blend as it helps with drainage.  If the ear canal is congested or blocked in any way, Lavender is a good addition!

Pure Melaleuca has strong anti-microbial properties and because there might be reduction in the lymphatic outflow from the eustachian tube, this can allow fluid to build up in the middle ear, making it an inviting environment for bacteria, virus and fungus, Melaleuca is the ticket!

Pure Basil can boast of the same properties as Melaleuca but I like it’s expectorant properties too.

Please note:  Do not drip pure essential oils directly into the ear canal, topical application is all that’s needed.

4.0 from 1 reviews
World's Best Ear Ache Blend

Topical application of Lavender, Melaleuca and Basil with Fractionated Coconut Oil
Author:
Recipe type: Ear Ache Blend
Ingredients
  • 10 drops Lavender
  • 10 drops Melaleuca
  • 10 drops Basil
  • Fractionated Coconut Oil
  • 5 ml Roller Bottle
Instructions
  1. Add the essential oils to bottle first then top off with fractionated coconut oil. Tip upside down gently to blend. Using a cotton ball, roll the blend over a small enough piece of the cotton ball to saturate. Wipe the inside of ear, back of ear and down both jawlines with the Ear Ache blend.
  2. Apply every 15 minutes if needed. Continue every 3 hrs as symptoms subside then 3x daily for 3 days.
  3. Diffuse if possible.

This protocol is safe to use on toddlers, adults and even your dog (which I’ve done more than once), it’s a gentle remedy but powerful especially when used in small amounts and often.  I make this blend very convenient to use often by adding it to a 5ml glass roller bottle with fractionated coconut oil.

Enjoy 10% savings on every purchase from Spark Naturals with coupon code: campwander

Comments

1. Loretta Rendon says

Keep good blogs coming. Your blog is very informational than most. Its boring when they talk n talk about other stuff. Get to the point people! Luv Camp Wander……bring more …..

2. Patty says

Just started with doTerra and I use breathe on my dogs for reverse sneeze. I am going to try this for my ears. I damaged them in my 20 from being so congested and Blowing and Blowing it finally popped. now they hurt all the time and get fluide in them. See what happens.

3. Sarah Northington says

Good Morning, If I don’t have fractionated Coconut Oil on hand, what kind of oil can I use? Thank you!! Love your website!!!!

• Rebecca says

Thanks Sarah!

Organic, cold pressed coconut oil is great, as is Almond Oil, Avocado Oil or any organic vegetable based oil.

4. Lachell says

I developed a sore throat two nights ago and woke up with pain in my ears yesterday morning. I found your Ear Ache blend yesterday afternoon (had been using plain basil or tea tree) and I have been applying every 3 hours as well as using the Sore Throat spray and Cold and Flu blend on my feet. I still have one little spot in the corner of my throat that hurts and though my ears still don’t feel normal, the sharp pain is gone. I will continue this protocol today and tomorrow. I’m not sure what is going on in my body but I am determined to knock it out with essential oils, lots of water and good rest. A big THANK YOU for your blog…. my go-to source for all things E.O.

• Rebecca says

Fractionated coconut oil has all of the fats spun out of it so it stays in a liquid state. It’s a nice carrier oil but actually, solid coconut oil is more beneficial with the good fats in tact!

5. Bonnie says

Is there a substitute for Basil?? It’s one EO I don’t have. 4yr old complaining of pain behind ear and want to try this.
    Thanks.