Kitchen Lavender & DIY Lavender Thieves Oil

Kitchen Lavender & DIY Lavender Thieves Oil

For all you seasoned essential oil users this will be a friendly reminder, for new essential oil users this could be the start of your own love affair with healing, natural alternative style!  Let’s start in the kitchen, we all have one whether it’s an outdoor camp kitchen or a stylish galley.  No matter what your kitchen looks like, there’s a heat source somewhere and where there’s heat there’s really hot stuff.  That’s all the reason you need to keep Kitchen Lavender within reach.

This is what Lisa had to say about her Kitchen Lavender…

“I have to send a BIG Thank You your way!  I have been using essential oils for a little over a year now. Mostly for aroma therapy, migraine headaches and homemade chap stick. Yesterday I was using my deep fryer, while trying to pry a stuck on piece off the fry basket I managed to flop about a ¼ cup of hot oil back onto my hand. The 375° oil covered all 4 of my fingers back up onto the knuckles on my hand. I immediately washed off the hot oil then literally dumped my lavender oil on my hand. Once it calmed down enough to touch I rubbed some burn cream I made via your Naked Salve Recipe. This morning my hand barely hurts, I only have minor stinging in a couple places and I only have one tiny blister (about the size of a pin head) on my pointer finger!  Thank you Rebecca!!  The knowledge and the recipes you have shared save me from a lot of pain!!”.

First of all, thanks for sharing your story Lisa and, prompting this post!  I love getting back to the basics of EO use Kitchen Lavender & DIY Lavender Thieves Oil

This is my helpful tip of the day and why I keep referring to a bottle of Lavender as Kitchen Lavender.  Keep a bottle of pure Lavender in your kitchen at all times and designate it, K I T C H E N  L A V E N D E R.  By doing this, your bottle is less likely to wander off.  Also, store it in a convenient place so it’s easy to grab in an emergency because if you have a culinary mishap of the 1st or 2nd degree you’ll want it fast.  Your bottle of therapeutic grade Kitchen Lavender will definitely lessen the pain, stop the burn and speed the healing.  Of course, always seek medical attention if necessary.

Kitchen Lavender & DIY Lavender Thieves Oil

It’s no secret that I love collecting and using DIY versions of brand name blends on the market.  I found this adaptation in a Natural News article that had me running for a Post it Note!  I’ve never seen a Thieves Oil recipe with Lavender but I love the idea and wanted to share it!  Traditionally, Thieves oil blends like this one and Shield from Spark Naturals or On Guard from doTERRA have antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral and anti-infectious properties to stimulate the immune system and guard against sore throats, cold and flu and respiratory illness such as pneumonia and bronchitis.  In my mind the addition of Lavender would temper the blend, adding even more restorative properties to a soothing protective blend and I love how it smells!  So far, I’ve tried the Lavender Thieves on mosquito bites to stop the itching and oil pulling, loved it!  But get this, it’s SO nice in the diffuser too  Kitchen Lavender & DIY Lavender Thieves Oil

4.7 from 3 reviews
DIY Lavender Thieves Oil

Author:
Ingredients
  • 45 drops clove essential oil
  • 35 drops lemon essential oil
  • 25 drops eucalyptus essential oil
  • 20 drops cinnamon essential oil
  • 15 drops lavender essential oil
  • 10 drops rosemary essential oil
Instructions
  1. Combine the all essential oils and store in a dark 15 ml glass bottle.

I hope you’ve learned to appreciate the powers of Lavender even more, it’s no surprise that Lavender is the most popular essential oil on the planet.  There’s a reason for that, Lavender’s versatility is endless and meaningful to heart, mind and body, it doesn’t smell too shabby either!

Save 10% on any Spark Naturals purchase with coupon code: campwander at checkout.

Comments

1. vicki bucy says

Hey ya’ll, Thanks so much for this wonderful article. About a month ago, I burned my middle two fingers on the hot burner of my ceramic stove top. Panicking, I rinsed them under cold water then, poured copious amounts of lavender over those fingers. I couldn’t believe it myself, but those fingers blistered up and never popped until they were completely healed underneath. I have never had that happen before, for me, lavender has another new use. I think I read somewhere that lavender burn healing properties was discovered by a French chemist who had severely burned his hands. A bottle of lavender stays in the kitchen from now on.

2. Sandy says

Thank you so much for your help. You have done more for me in learning about essential oils then any other. I love how your so willing to share. Thank you. Thank you for your knowledge, thank you for your recipies, thank you for your wonderful newsletters.

3. Tracey says

Not to diminish the wonderfulness of Lavender or any other E/O but the next time you or anyone else suffers a burn-THINK RAW EGG WHITES. Seriously, I saw a mans entire face saved from fire by the egg whites of about a. dozen raw eggs, separated from the yolks and applied liberally to his face waiting for the ambulance. The EMT said,” Who knew to put the egg whites on him? You just saved his face!!” 10 days later he was beautifully burn free!!! Keep that one in your mental filing cabinet!!

4. Linda says

I, too, want to thank you Rebecca for sharing all your “recipes” via your wonderful blog!!! I have recently been diagnosed with neuropathy and….plantar fasciitis. Both a literal pain in the foot! But I knew right where to turn for some help. The protocol for plantar faciitis is a dream!! Has diminished the pain more than anything. I just got started but am hoping and praying for the best. I just love your blog and thank you for the time you put into each writing. I am now a true believer in EO’s and now my kids joke that instead of antibiotic cream or a pill for a headache, I say, “I’ve got just the EO for what ails you!” LOL!! And as of this post – yes, we too have used lavendar for burns – works great!!!! Sending my daughter off to college in the fall with her own EO 4 pack…and she loves your blog too!!

5. donna says

I like to combine thieves blend into my handmade lotion to use as my personal hand sanitizer and keep a jar of it on my desk at work, and a small bottle in my bag. It has come in handy! And the plus – all natural and no alcohol odor – because there is none!

6. beth says

I love the idea of kitchen Lavender! I was wondering what oils did you put in the naked slave to make it burn cream? Thanks

• Lisa Belile says

Hi Beth,
      I actually just added lavender and some frankincense to a 4oz jar of the salve. I had made it a couple weeks before I burned myself for my husband. He said he was going to take it to work because it worked so well.

7. KK says

Hi Rebecca, is there any EO that can be substituted for the Eucalyptus? Someone I know is allergic…
    Thanks for the great recipes and information!!

• Rebecca says

I would use pure Birch or Rosemary. Both are excellent for chest congestion and so is Marjoram used topically.

8. Leslie says

Thanks for another great blend! I know I’ll use this one a lot this winter. Do you use cinnamon leaf or cinnamon bark essential oil?

9. Janette says

This is great, I love lavender! I just had to say, I haven’t seen a can of Charles Chips in so long! It was neat to see that in your pic. We used to get them delivered to our house when I was a kid. This brought back so many memories! Thanks! I just got introduced to your blog and I love it!

Trackbacks