I’ve never hidden the fact that I love a certain MLM’s Onguard toothpaste but it’s difficult to acquire and I refuse to pay $25 for a 2-pack on Amazon so, I did some research and created a simple hack. I mean, REALLY simple!
First of all, I will happily pay more for quality products but in this case, I have to put my foot down, finally. I love that toothpaste but I love saving money and time more and like most of you, I don’t have time to make toothpaste either so here’s my ridiculously easy, totally healthy hack using a mostly organic brand of toothpaste as a base.
Start with a tube of Dr.Bronners Cinnamon toothpaste as the base, it’s affordable, wonderful and widely available. I prefer using a 1/2 ounce container, a 1/2 ounce should see your through approximately two weeks depending on personal habits. I use the blending pots found in the CW Shop for blending Essential Oil Salves, they come with small cosmetic spatulas for blending and work out great. The pots are high quality plastic but personally I’m not concerned with 3 drops of essential oil per 1/2 ounce of toothpaste. Heck, I’ve been brushing with toothpaste and EOs out of a tube for years.
- Squeeze enough toothpaste to fill container then make a little indentation in the middle for the essential oils you’re about to drop in.
- Add your choice of essential oils – a total of 3 drops is plenty!
- Blend well and brush!
The following is my favorite blend and all three are found in the Onguard brand. Add one drop of each to Doc Bronners Cinnamon toothpaste and blend – it’s spicy, cooling and delicious!
- 1 drop CW Rosemary – anti-microbial, increases circulation, wonderful for bad breath, fastens teeth.
- 2 drops CW Peppermint – nice digestive, helpful for toothache pain, tastes minty fresh.
- 1 drop CW Cinnamon Bark – fights gum disease, immunity boost, may reduce inflammation that promotes gingivitis.
Save 10% everyday on every item in the CW Shop with coupon code: campwander