This is a well loved, slightly neglected ultrasonic diffuser in dire need of a good scrubbing and descaling. What if I told you that you can clean your ultrasonic diffuser AND, the shower, sink and tub with only two ingredients that you probably have under your sink. Just look at the results!
This is the happy ending and an easy solution to stubborn hard water and soap scum residue. This DIY cleaner is a slight variation of an A M A Z I N G tub and shower cleaner that my sister Jill came up with several years ago. It just so happens that it’s A M A Z I N G on gunky diffusers too. Best of all, no scrubbing is required and, you can shine up the bathroom and kitchen sink.
Simple, Basic and Versatile!
- Add equal parts white vinegar and Palmolive OXY Dish Soap to a spray bottle, blend gently to keep the bubbles from multiplying. Optional: add a few drops of CW Essential Oil like our CW Deep Clean for their antibacterial benefits, especially if you’re going to use the same solution to clean your sink, tub and shower.
- UNPLUG diffuser.
- Spray the inside of diffuser, coating sides and base of water vessel thoroughly. The solution will eventually pool at the bottom but that’s just fine.
- Let the solution sit 30 to 45 minutes.
- Rinse out the diffuser well with warm water. Keep any exterior controls and electrical receptor dry.
- Wipe out well with a microfiber cloth.
I love this cleaning solution, it cleans, shines, removes hard water residue (hello, well water) and keeps my diffuser purring. I can’t guarantee that it’s safe for every ultrasonic diffuser made but chances are it just might work for you too. If you’re apprehensive, start slowly, try it on your cast iron, porcelain, acrylic tubs and sinks. Trust me, it’s amazing and so economical.