Salve is super, but sometimes life calls for options. Try our readymade Solid Naked Base or make your own for super creamy customized sticks, pots and tins. You won’t believe the convenience and versatility of a solid EO carrier base: Bullet Proof Lip Balm, Sleep Stick, Sun Stick, Bug Balm, Jeddy’s Stick, Headache Stick, Deodorant, you name it, now you can make it!
You know what started all this? Laziness. Hubby asked for more Bullet Proof Lip Balm and I kept procrastinating. That is, until I laid eyes on a tub of readymade CW Ultimate Deodorant Base – I’m saved hooray! I melted 2 ounces of the base and made several tins of Mike’s favorite lip balm that keeps cold sores at bay, a Dreamy Sleep Stick and, a Jeddy’s Stick for me (my custom sleep aid duo) to swipe back and forth down the bottoms of my feet and under toes in a Z pattern.
It’s crazy, it really is the ultimate solid base for sticks, pots and tins, absorbs easily into your skin and best of all, it won’t melt in warm climates or Mike’s jeans pocket 🙂
Cuts like butter, so creamy!
Prepping for the slow melt.
Simmer! Slow and Low.
- 1 cup organic, unrefined coconut oil
- 1 cup organic olive oil
- ⅔ cup organic beeswax pastilles
- ¼ cup raw organic shea butter
- 1 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons rosehip seed oil
- 1 teaspoon non- gmo vitamin e
- 25 to 30 dropsCW Essential Oil Blend of choice per one ounce container
- one quart wide mouth mason jar for melting
- Materials - containers of choice
- 1 oz deodorant sticks
- mini altoid tins
- ¼ oz pots
- ONE RECIPE MAKES APPROXIMATELY 3 CUPS OF NAKED SOLID BASE
- Measure and add coconut oil and olive oil to a one quart Mason Jar, set the jar in two or three inches of hot water and set your burner to medium/low.
- Add beeswax, melt all three ingredients together slowly, stirring occasionally.
- Add shea butter, melt slowly while stirring occasionally.
- Add arrowroot powder, stir to blend.
- Add rosehip seed oil and vitamin e oil at the very end, stir to blend.
- Pour into glass or PET plastic jars. 4 oz jars are a handy size in my experience.
- Let cool to harden, store in cool place. Shelf life is one year!
- WHEN YOU'RE READY FOR REFILLS:
- Scoop out desired amount of Naked Solid and slowly melt it down in a mason jar water bath, add essential oils, stir and pour into desired deodorant container, let cool.
You can halve the recipe but this is how I look at it, if I’m going to the trouble of measuring, melting and pouring, I might as well go for it and make the whole recipe. With a shelf life of one year, you’ll end up saving yourself a lot of time by having enough on hand to scoop and melt what you need when you need it.
Need some ideas?
- Dreamy Sleep Blend Stick – keep one on the nightstand for restful nights sleep and a little immunity boost! Apply to bottoms of feet before bedtime.
- Original Jeddy’s Blend Stick – perfect for applying to feet for focus, mood management and muscle relaxation, on tops of stiff shoulders to ease stress, temples and back of neck for headaches
- Bullet Proof Lip Balm – Mike swears it stops incoming cold sores in a flash, healed various scrapes and burns as well as a horse’s flesh wound nicely on the elk hunt. With all the skin food and pure EOs I’m not surprised this lip balm did all of that!
- Ultimate Deodorant – Read all about why commercial deodorant may not be a good choice for your health and hygiene. Try some of our favorite blends of EOs, recipes included and designed especially for body odor.
Save 10% on all CW Essential Oils, Herbal Salves, Serums and Solid Naked Base with FOUR 1 ounce Push up Sticks! with coupon code: campwander at checkout. FREE shipping in the USA, international orders welcome!