Turmeric is practically a household item, everybody’s talking about its benefits which stands to reason as it’s such a powerful herb. It’s healing benefits are so extensive that there’s over 6,000 peer reviewed studies published to date but what does Black Pepper have to do with it?
There is so much information on Turmeric to share and scores of clinical studies to link to I hardly know where to begin. This short blog post will simply touch on a few important facts, suggest usage and hopefully, whet your appetite to learn more. In the end though, it’s up to you to do your own due diligence and make your own best decisions. If you’re on medication, by all means consult with your health care provider re: Turmeric & Black Pepper. Most physicians are aware of this herb and any counter-indications that you should be aware of.
The good news is – Turmeric has no known side effects if used in moderation. Always practice “less is more”.
According to many studies, Turmeric may do the following:
- Manage Pain! Apply topically to area of discomfort, consistent use will present best results.
- Aid in prevention of brain disease
- Prevent and fight cancer
- Reduce inflammation and stiffness related to Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
- Liver protective
- Strong relaxant, helps to calm anxiety and may be a safe therapy for mild depression
- Relieve nasal congestion
- Lower blood sugar and reverse insulin resistance
- Manage IBS
- Reduce oxidative stress
- Natural steroid minus the side effects of prescription steroids
Good to Know
- Turmeric is not efficiently absorbed by the body unless taken with black pepper to increase its bioavailability. SOURCE
- Use Turmeric & Black Pepper Power Blend
- If you’re going to take this supplement internally expect a spicy taste, it’s not hot per se but it has a strong flavor.
- Our Organic Turmeric CO2 Extract is very yellow and may stain clothing. It will also stain skin temporarily however, very lightly after it’s been diluted by 50%
- Dilute. I get my best results using 1 part Turmeric & Black Pepper Power Blend to 1 part carrier oil (organic rosehip seed carrier oil is my favorite!)
- Apply topically to areas of discomfort – I like the control of a roller bottle application!
- Internal – 1 drop in a smoothie, oil pulling (wonderful herb for oral health!) or, in a spoonful of honey
Test patch on your skin is always recommended
This blend and many others are available here! FREE shipping in the USA + 10% savings with coupon code: campwander at checkout.