This protocol is more than treating symptoms, it’s preventing them too! Make this practice a habit and enjoy fewer dental bills, stronger teeth, healthier gums, whiter teeth and overall wellness to boot!
I have a theory that you may not agree with but if experience is the best teacher, I’ve been schooled. This is my story – good, bad or indifferent take it in and file it accordingly. Lets face it, our teeth are under assault daily from sugary foods, acidic soft drinks, coffee and many other delights. Many commercial toothpastes are under fire for potentially toxic ingredients that may be undermining our oral and overall health, if your mouth is full of infection your body will follow suit.
When I was a single mom of 5, with no dental insurance, I explored self care because DDS appointments weren’t an option. To preface this not so exciting time of my life, I’ve been a believer in plant based health care for decades, herbs are magical in my book and after trying herbal rinses, natural toothpastes etc. I stumbled upon oil pulling and shortly after that, essential oils. Game on people! In my experience, the two together are the holy grail of plant based oral health for the ability to pull toxins, reduce bacteria responsible for plaque build-up, gum disease and recession, tooth decay and gum sensitivity.
Here’s the basics – you need 20 minutes (during a shower etc), high quality, unrefined, organic virgin coconut oil and in my opinion, two essential oil blends – for different reasons.
Nerve Pain & Block
With Helichrysum, Black Pepper, Birch and Clove Bud, Nerve Pain & Block Extra Strength Relief Blend is beneficial for prevalent issues like a tooth/nerve pain, teeth sensitivity, gum disease. Helichrysum provides neuro-protective benefits, Black Pepper is a powerful anti-inflammatory, Birch (natural aspirin) strong pain relieving properties, Clove Bud is a gigantic antioxidant with numbing benefits.
With Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lavender, Lemon, Eucalyptus and Rosemary, CW Lavender Thieves Immunity Blend is a great choice for a preventative routine.
This is a Thieves type blend with antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral and anti-infectious properties to stimulate the immune system and guard against sore throats, cold and flu and respiratory illness such as pneumonia and bronchitis. The addition of Lavender tempers the blend, adding even more restorative properties to a soothing protective blend.
Oil Pulling How To
- Add 2 drops oil blend of choice to 1 T coconut oil
- Coconut oil will melt at 76 degrees +, just let it melt in your mouth
- Swish gently for 20 minutes. This length of time is important – toxins are “pulled” by the coconut oil, antimicrobial activity of essential oils are going to work in gum tissue, fighting the bacteria that thrives in pockets around teeth caused by gingivitis which in turn can lead to more serious periodontal disease.
- IMPORTANT – After 20 minutes of swishing, spit the oils in the garbage. Why? The contents will be full of toxins that you won’t want to swallow! Spit it out, brush your teeth and feel the difference!
Oil Pulling Pro Tip – Coconut Oil Cups! (see photo above)
- Purchase a silicone candy mold – reeses cup size – works great!
- Melt coconut oil in a warm oven, I like to use a 1 cup glass measuring bowl with a pour spout. Remember, melt happens at 76 degrees – warm oven works well.
- Pour mold half way
- Add 2 drops CW Oil Blend
- Pour to full
- Let cool, pop coconut cups out of mold, store in small mason jar with lid in the refrigerator.
- Oil pull daily (if possible) using just ONE coconut oil cup
More reasons to make Coconut Cups or, Dots HERE
See entire line of Camp Wander Essential Oils, Salves, Serums and more HERE. Enjoy FREE shipping in the USA, no minimum!