Essential oils in the bath can be therapeutic to mind, body and spirit but bathing with even just a few drops of essential oils has it’s hazards.
I like to keep things simple with the least steps possible after a very long day, here’s what I do…
- SMARTER – By applying oil first the absorption is complete before sliding into that warm water which by the way, acts as a lovely warm compress – driving the oils a little deeper and, no emulsifier needed
- SAFER -no concern of essential oils pooling on top of the water causing skin sensitivities or getting accidentally swallowed by bath water drinking kiddos – they’re real!
I keep a few blends ready to roll near the bath and Serenity Blue Peace Blend is at the top of the list. It’s grounding, relaxing and smells like clean laundry in heaven? CW Serenity Blue, a blend of Lavender, Sweet Marjoram, Blue Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood and Vanilla CO2 comes blended with skin loving organic rosehip seed oil and conveniently packaged in THE BEST roller top bottle (see photo above) – it’s ready to roll as we like to say around here.
Steps to a Safer, Smarter Bath
- Run a very warm bath
- Get naked
- Roll your blend (with a carrier oil) on bottoms of feet – the soles of your feet represent every organ and body system and have some impressively big pores.
- Roll over your heart – it’s instinctively been a favorite application spot for me and I love how fragrance wafts up to my nose when I’m reclined in the warm water, so relaxing!
- Roll high on the back of your neck – the suboccipital triangle as shown above is very close to the brain stem, this is an important part of the anatomy for essential oil application.
- Soak for as long as you want and let CW Serenity Blue and warm water soothe your cares away, safely!
Find the entire line of CW Essential Oils and Blends, including Herbal Salve, Serums and more in the CW Shop!