Soothing Serum for Psoriasis

Soothing Serum for Psoriasis

This soothing serum includes a combination of essential oils that nourish the skin, scalp and hair.  Cedarwood and Patchouli among other things are anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antiseborrhoeic.  The sesquiterpenes found in Cedarwood also contribute to the medicinal value of the blend.  Psoriasis seems to respond particularly well to this EO and I like adding Patchouli too for it’s boost to circulation and cell regenerative benefits.  Last but not least, diffusing Cedarwood and Patchouli together can help congestion, increase focus and repel insects. Smells really good too!

Psoriasis Soothing Serum

Author:
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Add essential oils to a 1 ounce glass dropper bottle, apply daily as needed.

It’s well worth noting that Cedarwood can be very helpful in promoting hair growth with topical use several times a week.  Cedarwood was like a sleeping giant for me, not until I started using it in a hair serum did I realize how helpful it would be, I love it!

Receive 10% savings on all Spark Naturals orders with coupon code: campwander at checkout.  $1.99 shipping this week too!

Soothing Serum for Psoriasis

Never miss another great EO remedy or post!

Sign up below and receive Camp Wander updates in your email inbox.

Comments

• donna says

Lavender is great for eczema, as well as chamomile. I am sure you could sub those eo’s instead of using the patchouli and cedarwood.

1. Mickie says

Love, love, love your information. I made and used your hair serum recipe and it really works! The only thing I don’t like about it is that the emu oil is SO “oily” that it is hard to wash out the next morning. What am I doing wrong? Also are any of the oils less “oily”?

• Rebecca says

Mickie, try to apply small amounts just to the scalp by parting your hair and applying a drop at a time and massaging in well. I learned not to comb it thru my hair, that will indeed make shampooing harder.

2. Valerie says

I have it all over my face and head. Can you please give better application directions, i.e., how much do I use, what’s the best way to apply it, when is the best time to apply it, do I use it straight or should it be put in something else, etc.’

• Rebecca says

Valerie, put a drop on your finger and apply it topically. One small drop will cover a good size area. No need to dilute, and I find that night time application is best so it has time to soak in and go to work before you cover up with makeup etc.

3. donna says

I have been using a mixture of patchouli, lavender, and geranium in my all natural body butter. Will make this to carry to work as a mid day treatment. Thanks!

4. donna says

I made this over the weekend using jojoba oil. Not bad! It actually has as much moisturizing properties without having to use my body butter with it. I have used nearly half the bottle already. If it helps better than my other mixture, I will have to mix larger batches.

5. Dee says

I’m looking for natural ways of treating dry patches on my scalp. I don’t know if I have dandruff, eczema or psoriasis …the patches are itchy and scabby. I am not sure how to treat them and would love some tips, suggestions as I’m not interested in any of the conventional medicine methods.

• Rebecca says

You could start simply by adding 2 drops of pure Melaleuca to your handful of shampoo every time you wash you hair. I have an acquaintance that dealt with dry, itchy flaking scalp from childhood to adulthood and this protocol was all it took to clear up the issue!

• Carolyn says

I have psoriasis and have great results with rosemary in final rinse water or add to conditioner and leave on for five minutes

6. April says

I am sorry, I am sure I am missing it….. but are we filling the rest of the bottle up with the oil or an equal amount of drops or just make sure to dilute with a carrier oil first.