I’m completely on board the Detox Bath regime. My challenge is finding the time to soak for 30 minutes and dealing with the aftermath of sweaty hair, dizzy head and a limp body. If you’re like me the Mini Detox Foot Soak will be a good alternative for your crazy schedule, with lots of healthy benefits too.
All of us are exposed to toxins that need to get out.
A detox soak with epsom salts is a natural way to draw those toxins out and replenish magnesium of which most of us are deficient. Since our feet have the most and largest pores of the body, a detoxing foot soak can be very efficient in a short amount of time. It’s an excellent place to absorb the magnesium in epsom salts as well as key essential oils, we’ll talk about good choices of EOs shortly.
5 Benefits of a Mini Detox Foot Soak
~Boost your magnesium intake
~Ease stress, improve sleep
~Reduce inflammation, reduce muscle pain
~Helpful during illness, clear congestion
- To get started, you’ll need something large enough for both your feet and deep enough that the water reaches your ankles. I’ve been using a large foil roasting pan that I found in the pantry, tres chic!
- Keep a bath towel under your water bath just in case, it will come in handy when you step out of the water.
- Fill container with water that’s hot enough without burning your skin, very warm water is needed for a good detox.
- Just an option, you can add 1 teaspoon of liquid soap.
- Add 1/2 cup of epsom salts or, magnesium chloride flakes – a little more expensive than epsom salts but better in my opinion.
- Stir to dissolve with a wooden spoon.
- Add 10 drops of pure essential oils. Keep in mind a detox soak can tackle multiple issues like toenail fungus or athlete’s foot depending on the oil you add. Anti-fungal EOs like Melaleuca, Oregano, Lavender, Lemon, Patchouli and Geranium are all great add-ins!
- If you dry brush, do so before soaking your feet. This step will help get rid of dead skin and open up pores.
- Ease your feet into the very, very warm water and close your eyes. Oh my goodness, heavenly! Relax and renew for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove your feet and pat dry. If it’s close to bedtime, this would be a great time to apply Dreamy Sleep Salve to your feet.
FYI: By adding a tablespoon of bentonite clay to the Mini Detoxing Foot Soak you can eliminate chlorine in the water.
Save 10% and receive FREE shipping in the USA with coupon code: campwander at checkout!